Greetings audio dramatists!
The MTB Audio Drama Scriptwriting Competition celebrates engaging storytelling with a $250 first prize and $100 second-place prize. All genres considered and authors retain all script rights.
There’s no fee for entry. We simply ask the following:
- Please keep to one entry per author.
- The script should be your original work/story. Adaptations of another author’s works or use of proprietary characters such as Dr. Who, Frankenstein, or Othello will lead to disqualification.
- Please keep the script “family friendly” as determined by meeting the following conventions:
1) Avoid incorporating swearing, which for this context includes “damn,” “hell,” “God” etc. This will lead to automatic disqualification regardless of context.
2) Avoid implicit or implied sexual context. Romantic affection is fine. Details about intimacy are not.
3) Avoid graphic depictions of killing or torture. It is understood that people can get bumped off for dramatic capital if needed (which is not to say it is necessary to do so) but if you do please avoid disturbing intimate details.
- Make sure your script is action/plot driven. Having something happen is far more engaging than having characters talk about it.
- Please make sure it is free of visual stage directions such as “Shonna blows him a kiss. He nods knowingly as Tyler silently walks off stage” or stage play set design details.
- Scripts should run no longer than 30 minutes.
Entry deadline May 28th 2019.
Winners will be announced on June 21st 2019