Greetings audio dramatists!
The MTB Audio Drama Scriptwriting Competition celebrates good old-fashioned aural storytelling with a $250 first prize and $100 second-place prize. All genres considered and authors retain all script rights.
There’s no fee for entry. We simply ask the following:
- Please keep to one entry per author.
- The script should be your original work/story.
(No adaptations of other’s works or use of proprietary characters such as Dr. Who, Frankenstein, Othello, etc.)
- Please keep the script “family friendly”
1) Avoid swearing, which for this context includes “damn,” “hell,” “God,” etc.
(This led to the disqualification of some great scripts last year, so please don’t do it.)
2) Avoid implicit or implied sexual context.
3) Avoid graphic depictions of killing or torture.
- Make sure your script is action/plot driven and free of visual stage directions.
- Scripts should run no longer than 30 minutes.
Interested in entering? Please refer to the “Submit your script” page for entry procedures.
Entry deadline May 28th 2018.
Finalists will be announced at the Closing Ceremony of the National Audio Theater Festival’s HEAR Now Festival.
Winners will be announced on June 21st 2018.
To learn more about the NATF’s annual HEAR Now Festival go to http://www.hearnowfestival.org/